Friday, September 03, 2004

ABOUTMYWORK

I have worked here for 5 weeks now, in a place called Royal Military College of Science, and I have been recommended in here by my relative and he's sort of my supervisor [great bloke btw], anyways I am now working under him, and whatever job he does, i assist him. Well, his title is basically called network support officer, and what he does is making sure the whole networks in this base camp works... and whenever there's new networks to be set up, he'll be in charge of it.....

Well.... about my job.... I am his assistant, and what do I do?? I assist him..... and how do I assist him??? I make him his coffee(s)....... hahaha... joking.... i do more than that..... besides making him coffee, I basically do all the stuff that needs doing of which he doesn't have the time to do it in the first place.... which means that even if it gets done or not doesn't matter.....so therefore, you would then think that my job is really insignificant... which is true.... but do I care?? NO!! And you know why?? That's because I get paid [I feel like a hooker...sigh...]

Anyways... besides the insignificant jobs, I do have some rather important jobs, and that's setting up 200 laptops for some students coming in next semester. Basically, it's setting up their windows, the profiles, their network drives, their outlook as well as making sure they run on wireless... these jobs are rather easy and repetitive, therefore they would need some idiot [yours truly] to do these things up... and they have found the perfect candidate..... moi!!

Sigh!! I only have one more week before I leave this place... and that's 5 days and counting.... Cheers!!

No comments: